Friday, January 28, 2011

Daily Dose 1-28-11

Psalm 23:1-6 The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing. 
He makes me lie down in green pastures, 
he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. 
He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake. Even though I walk through the darkest valley,
 I will fear no evil, for you are with me; 
your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. 
You anoint my head with oil; 
my cup overflows. 
Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, 
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD 
forever.

Committing scripture to memory is a wonderful thing. It allows you to tuck meaningful promises, guidance and comfort away in your heart to bring up when you are tempted to be overcome by fear or despair. Most Christians can quote the 23rd Psalm. With good reason, it is one of the most popular passages in the Bible. Whether you know this scripture by heart or not - read it like you are reading it for the first time. Meditate on the beautiful imagery an let the God of all comfort refresh your soul!

Father, I look forward to the day I will live in Your house forever. But for now, there are valleys and paths I must walk . Thank You for the green pastures of Your peace and the still waters of Your Word. May I never take them for granted and call upon them every day to refresh my soul for better service for You. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment