Thursday, January 20, 2011

Daily Dose 1-20-11

Psalm 18:1-2 I love you, LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

Psalm 18 is a major thank you note from David to God after he had been rescued from the heavy pursuit of King Saul. David doesn’t offer a polite thank you and move on. He showers God with love, adoration and acknowledges Him as his source of strength. One can assume he did not have his head quietly bowed as he whispered his praise. More than likely, he was talking with his hands and acting out God’s might with gestures of strength. Oh to have been an angel on the shoulder of God as He listened in on this praise from His child!

Father, Unleash my inhibitions and allow me to REALLY thank you. May I learn to praise with the enthusiasm of David. Take my heart to a new level of praise so that my unbridled gratitude may make Your heart glad and bring a smile upon Your face. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment