Friday, January 21, 2011

Daily Dose 1-21-11

Psalm 18:35-36 You make your saving help my shield, and your right hand sustains me; your help has made me great. You provide a broad path for my feet, so that my ankles do not give way.

The picture brought to mind by this scripture is one of a hiking guide leading someone up a treacherous path. The guide is keenly aware of the dangers on the journey. He shields his walker from falling debris. He holds the hand and walks backward, clearing the path before the walker takes a step. That hiking guide for us is Jesus. His sacrifice shields us from the sins that would cause eternal death. He holds us up and clears the path for our safety. He doesn’t promise the hike of life will be an easy one, but with our eyes fixed on Him, our walk is secure.

Dear Jesus, Thank You that I am not walking this path of life alone. Even though there are times when the incline is steep and the path is rough, You sustain and strengthen me. Holding Your hand, I know that when I trip, You will steady my feet and be my support to walk again. I pray for those who do not have You walking with them. May they take Your hand and find the joy and comfort of Your strengthening guidance. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment