Saturday, January 15, 2011

Daily Dose 1-15-11

Psalm 13:5-6 But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation. I will sing the LORD’s praise, for He has been good to me.

Prior to this part of David’s psalm, he was crying out to the LORD in fear and sorrow. Life was tough and he felt like God had forgotten Him. Are you there? Are you weary and afraid in the midst of life’s challenges? Be encouraged to know that even David – a man after God’s own heart – felt the same way at times! The true test of our faith and whether or not we are in pursuit of God is if we can praise Him in the midst of His silence. If you feel alone, afraid, full of sorrow – or just plain tired – lift your face and praise! A heart loving God always reaches our loving God!

Father, Forgive me for thinking You have turned away at times. I know Your love is constant and abiding, no matter how little I deserve it! Prick my heart to praise instead of pout! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment