Sunday, January 16, 2011

Daily Dose 1-16-11

Matthew 11:28-30 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

The words in red are always special in scripture. If you are trying to follow Christ, the words spoken directly by Him have great insight. Sometimes He spoke in parables with a need to interpret and find understanding. Other times, like in this scripture, He speaks plainly. How many of us have weary souls from fighting the battles of life? Jesus wants us to turn to Him. He longs to comfort, support and strengthen us. His “yoke,” or what binds us to Him in service, is His teaching from scripture and living before others with a humble and gentle heart. Go to Him for comfort and strength. Be replenished and rest in His words. Then, take His yoke upon you and with a humble and gentle heart give His rest to other weary souls.

Loving Savor, Lord, You must have been exhausted when You spoke those words! I am often tired from struggles in this life, but Your words give me comfort and rest. Please soften my heart to be humble and gentle like Yours. Allow me to be so yoked in service with You that I will see the needs of others. Give me Your desire to comfort and replenish others instead of seeking just my rest. It is then that You give rest to my soul! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment