Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Daily Dose 1-18-11

Psalm 16:7-8 I will praise the LORD, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me. I keep my eyes always on the LORD. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.

In the midst of fear, in the heated flee from his enemies - or when times were good - David knew where his focus should be. He kept his eyes on the LORD. David was not a perfect man – he had some major blunders in his walk with God. But, no matter what, David’s heart was focused in praise and quick to repent when he did wrong. He stood firm in the LORD, knowing God would guide his steps. Are you a little shaky in life’s walk? Have you had some rough roads to travel? Turn your eyes to the ONE who can steady your steps and walk you through. Let your last thoughts at night be words of thanksgiving and praise; and open your eyes each morning with hope. Know that no matter what challenges you face – there is a nail-scarred hand holding yours as you journey through the hills and valleys of life.

Dear Jesus, David had a great relationship with God that I desire. However, I have more than David did – I have You as the One to lead me to the heart of the Father! Thank You for making me pure and holy in His eyes, so that my eyes can confidently look to Him for strength. Steady my walk in this life. Thank You for taking my right hand in Yours. May I never let go! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment