Thursday, January 13, 2011

Daily Dose 1-13-11

Genesis 29:35 She conceived again, and when she gave birth to a son she said, “This time I will praise the LORD.” So she named him Judah.

Poor Leah! The story of the less attractive, older sister whose father deceived Jacob to get him to marry her seems disturbing. All she wanted was to be loved by her husband. She had three sons, hoping each would be the key to unlock Jacob’s affections. At the birth of her fourth, she did something different, she praised God in the acceptance of her rejection and moved on. Through that action, she produced the lineage of Jesus, the savior of the world! Have you ever worked so hard to gain the affection of others that you miss the big picture of how much you are TRULY loved! Stop living in rejection! Realize that some people will care about you, others won’t. Your job is to love no matter what. Love others with the acceptance you have received by God through Christ. Who knows what God may have in store for you once you decide to move on!

Accepting, Loving Father, Too often I spin my wheels seeking love and acceptance from others when my goal should be to live out YOUR love and acceptance for me and others. Take my focus away from what I want and mold my heart to be what you need. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment