Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Daily Dose 1-12-11

Proverbs 3:9-10 Honor the LORD with your wealth, with the firstfruits of all your crops; then your barns will be filled to overflowing, and your vats will brim over with new wine.

In tough economic times, it is easy to slack off on our offerings to the lord. Some may read this scripture and see giving from wealth and interpret that to mean, “If I were wealthy, I would give more.” However, the next part of the scripture shows that we give from firstfruits…straight from the top. When we learn to put God and His work first in our lives – and in our budgets – everything else will fall into place. Resolve in this new year to develop a new budget. Make the first line item GOD.

God, You are my Provider. Please help me to stay focused on You first and remain faithful that You will provide all that I need – just as you always have. Help me adjust my desires to the desires that bring You honor. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment