Saturday, January 22, 2011

Daily Dose 1-22-11


Matthew 14:28-31 “Lord, if it’s you,” Peter replied, “tell me to come to you on the water.” “Come,” he said. Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!” Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. “You of little faith,” he said, “why did you doubt?”
Peter always gets the bad rap on this one, doesn’t he? Everyone remembers that he focused on the wind instead of Jesus and began to sink. Some may read frustration in Jesus’ tone when He questioned Peter about his doubt. However, it seems more likely Jesus was thrilled that Peter got out of the boat and tried. He invested a great deal of effort to growing the faith of these men. To have one step out in faith with courage was rewarding. The tone was probably more of a disappointment FOR Peter not disappointed IN Peter. He was sad that he didn’t continue the experience. What is it Jesus has asked you to get out of the boat and do with Him? If you feel the winds of fear blowing, focus on the eyes of Jesus, not the eye of the storm!

Father, Jesus wants me to be bold in my faith. I want to be bolder, but over-thinking and fears distract me. Keep my eyes focused on Jesus and keep me walking with Him! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment