Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Daily Dose 1-19-11

Genesis 41:15-16 Pharaoh said to Joseph, “I had a dream, and no one can interpret it. But I have heard it said of you that when you hear a dream you can interpret it.” “I cannot do it,” Joseph replied to Pharaoh, “but God will give Pharaoh the answer he desires.”

It could have been easy for Joseph to be down and discouraged and think God had deserted him. Not only had his brothers sold him into slavery, he was also falsely accused by his master’s wife and imprisoned. He had a track record for accurately predicting dreams. He could have interpreted and received the glory for himself. However, Joseph knew that no matter how difficult his life may have seemed, God had His Hand over him. He quickly knew to whom all credit should be given. He humbly set self aside and gave God the glory.

Father, Even though life is not always what I want it to be or think it should be, I know You are with me. Thank You for Your blessings and Hand of protection. May I always be quick to use gifts You have bestowed for Your glory. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment