Friday, January 2, 2015

The Spiritual Playoffs

As I switched my Bama profile and cover photos this morning, the emotions and comments of this season came rushing back. Whether you are a fan licking the wounds of defeat for your team, or beating your chest as a victor; remember, it is a game. I wish so desperately we could channel the passion and intensity for cheering for college football into changing our lives and the lives of those around us. Keep in mind, I'm not pointing a finger without three pointing back at me. The time I invested in watching bowl games (some of which didn't have a team I was excited about either way) could have been spent on something much more productive.

Is there anything wrong with being excited about college football? Absolutely not! I think it could be a way God lets us see physically how He wants us to be on His team spiritually.  As we start 2015, let's pick up our signs of faith, don our spiritual jerseys, learn the stats of the heroes of faith and let our world around us see our team colors living out each day for Him. A sacrificed, risen Savior and eternal life is the ultimate playoff victory!

No comments:

Post a Comment