Saturday, January 10, 2015

Daily Dose 1-10-15

Genesis 24:45-46 Before I finished praying in my heart, Rebekah came out, with her jar on her shoulder. She went down to the spring and drew water, and I said to her, ‘Please give me a drink.’ She quickly lowered her jar from her shoulder and said, ‘Drink, and I’ll water your camels too.’ So I drank, and she watered the camels also.

Rebekah was performing a mundane, ordinary task of her everyday existence when she met Abraham’s servant. She was not so consumed with her “to do” list that she missed a holy opportunity. We never know what God-moment could meet us each day. What is our job? Perform our duties as if we are doing them for the LORD and be open to change our schedule if we see God at work. Rebekah’s compassion and service for Abraham’s servant lead her to great blessings. Who will you meet at your well today, and what will you be willing to do for them? Be on guard! Blessings could be just around the corner!

Father, Keep me focused on Your work as I do my work. Help me to do all I do with excellence and a pure heart. Give me Your skill and discipline to succeed. However, never let me be so focused on work You have provided for me that I miss work that is needed for You. Bless the work of my hands, but more importantly, bless my work for You! I love You! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment