Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Daily Dose 7-1-15

Psalm 149:4-5 the LORD takes delight in his people; he crowns the humble with victory. Let his faithful people rejoice in this honor and sing for joy on their beds.

Sometimes, it’s hard to imagine the Holy God of the universe delighting in us as individuals. We tend to feel like God loves everyone and we are lumped in that group. However, God’s love for us is very personal. He knows our worst and best qualities and completely adores us anyway. That thought is humbling – which makes Him adore us more! The Psalmist references the honor we have because of this and it leads the faithful to sing for joy on their beds. This reference probably means praises to God are the last thoughts as we fall asleep and the first thoughts as we arise in the morning. Wake up each day knowing your loving Father, the Holy creator of heaven and earth sang over you as you drifted to sleep and gently nudges You as your eyes are opening! He absolutely adores you!

Father, I am overwhelmed when I think of all You know about me and You still adore me. You know each flaw, each weakness, each shortcoming, yet You choose to focus on each quality that is good or has potential to be good. I’m overcome with praise when I think of Your delight over me…undeserved, but so appreciated! I love You! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment