Thursday, July 23, 2015

Daily Dose 7-23-15

2 chronicles 6:14 If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

We often talk about standing on the promises of God and trusting Him to remain faithful to those promises. What we sometimes fail to think about is that almost all of God’s promises are conditional. In this scripture when God was speaking to Solomon, He made bold promises to always answer the prayers of His people. He is faithful to His promises, but He does require a repentant heart. Grace from God is so much more plentiful since the sacrifice of Christ after this was written. However, the principles of His blessings for us hold true. To have more of God’s promised blessings, humble yourself and seek His face. To have more of His promised blessings, turn away from your own personal sin and idols. Seeking the heart of God, you will find His promises are true.

Father, I humble my heart to You, repenting of my sin, and asking that I may see Your face. Let me feel Your healing presence in my life. I love You! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment