Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Daily Dose 6-30-15

Acts 20:22-24 And now, compelled by the Spirit, I am going to Jerusalem, not knowing what will happen to me there. I only know that in every city the Holy Spirit warns me that prison and hardships are facing me. However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace.

Paul faced as many hardships for the cause of Christ as others endured at his hand as he tried to prevent the spread of Christ’s message. He persevered despite shipwrecks, beatings and imprisonment. He was close enough to God to discern what seemed to be conflicting messages from the Holy Spirit. The Spirit compelled him to go to Jerusalem, yet warned him that he would face many hardships including the possible loss of his life. Have you felt compelled by the Spirit to do something for the cause of Christ that was later dismissed because of the risk? Think of Paul, pray for the same discernment he had, and be bold! Paul faced beating, imprisonment and death. Often, the biggest obstacle we face is tripping over our pride as we face rejection or ridicule.

Father, I want to do what You intend for me to do to further Your Kingdom. Give me discernment to know how to be most effective and back it up by giving me the courage to follow through. I love you! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment