Sunday, June 21, 2015

Daily Dose 6-21-15

Psalm 139:23-24 Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Prior to these verses in this Psalm, David acknowledged that God knew everything about him, inside and out. He eloquently stated how God formed him in his mother’s womb and there was nowhere he could go that God would not be there, see him and know his heart. So why would he end this Psalm by asking God to search his heart? There is a difference in knowing God is omnipotent - even with your most secret thoughts - and giving Him authority to search your heart and reveal His findings to you. So often, we live in a paralyzing fear of what God knows about us. David’s words encourage us to operate productively in the healthy fear of God that can free us from our own shackles of rebellion, anxiety and grief. Acknowledge God knows your heart better than you do and loves you immensely despite what He may see! Give Him the authority and permission to take corrective measures in the matters of your heart…look at what He is trying to form in you now and sit as clay on the Great Potter’s wheel!

Father, You know the areas of my heart that need Your work. I give You permission and authority to create a new heart in me! Mold and shape me to what You desire and need to be able to use me for your Kingdom. Open my eyes to see what You are doing so I can know it is of You and work with You instead of trying to jump out of Your loving hands! I love You! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment