Friday, May 8, 2015

Daily Dose 5-8-15

Proverbs 14:30 A heart at peace gives life to the body, but envy rots the bones.

Discontentment is a health hazard. We are taught to focus on foods that are healthy, get exercise and plenty of rest. Yet, it is not stressed in our culture how to rest our souls in contentment – quite the opposite! We are bombarded with messages every day telling us how our bodies don’t look right, our cars aren’t cool enough, and our homes aren’t posh enough. Discontentment is encouraged to set us up for the sale of the world’s products. Those who can “purchase the dream” are pushed to want more. Those who can’t afford the price pay with their souls struggling with envy. How do we avoid this snare of satan? Learn to be thankful every day, for each provision you have. It is an exercise that leads to strengthen the internal muscle of contentment. Contentment leads to peace!

LORD, You are my provider and You have done so abundantly! I am blessed beyond measure and thank You for remembering me. Grant me contentment so I may dwell in your peace forever! Thank You most of all for loving me. It is my greatest gift! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment