Saturday, May 23, 2015

Daily Dose 5-23-15

Psalm 119:10-11 I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands. I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.

The seeds we plant and nurture in our hearts determine our actions and reactions. If we sow seeds of the world and nurture them through dangerous behaviors, we will constantly struggle with sin. The seeds of the world form a vine around or hearts that looks pretty on the outside, but eventually entraps and chokes the heart from the convicting beat of the Holy Spirit. If we sow seeds from the Word and nurture them through humility and prayer, we can overcome the snares of satan’s temptations. Hiding God’s Word in your heart plants the seeds that grow a hedge of protection. The Holy Spirit uses the two sides of the hedge - one will distance us from the desires of that satan uses to entrap, the other side has the ability to prick our hearts to warn us of danger and encourage us to repentance when we do sin. May your hedge be strong to withstand satan’s schemes and alert you when he is moving toward your heart – nurture your hedge in prayer!

Father, Please thicken the hedge around my heart to protect me against satan’s schemes. Sharpen the leaves inside that hedge to prick my heart quickly to avoid sin and convict me before I do any harm. I don’t want to sin against You. Empower You Holy Spirit within me and give me the wisdom to never quench His strength. I love You! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment