Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Daily Dose 5-19-15

1 Samuel 24:5-7 David was conscience-stricken for having cut off a corner of his robe. He said to his men, “The LORD forbid that I should do such a thing to my master, the LORD’s anointed, or lay my hand on him; for he is the anointed of the LORD.” With these words David sharply rebuked his men and did not allow them to attack Saul. And Saul left the cave and went his way.

Some options we have make so much sense from the human perspective. Saul was chasing David, trying to kill him for no fault of David’s. From the human perspective, David should have killed Saul that day. But as Saul pursued David, David pursued the heart of God. He remembered that Saul was appointed by God and he could not harm the king. What spear are you “justified” to throw today? Pursue God’s heart to determine if there is a better way. Ask God to give you wisdom to act the way that would most please Him.

Father, May I pursue Your heart so strongly that the only way I see to respond is Your way. Give me strength and courage to do Your will, not what I justify as right in my own eyes. I love You! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment