Friday, May 29, 2015

Daily Dose 5-29-15

Proverbs 6:9 In their hearts humans plan their course, but the LORD establishes their steps.

We all have great ideas and plans for how our lives should go. We set the compasses of our hearts toward directions that may or may not be what God knows is best for us. Sometimes, He grants our desires even when He knows there could be peril. The best way to navigate plans in life is to stay attuned to the will of God through scripture, applying it to our lives in obedience and intimate prayer time. View every life plan through the filter of how our service to the Kingdom could be strengthened by the decision at hand. Before heading out on any new plan your heart desires, remember to pack plenty of time in the Word and prayer ahead of time. Then, the LORD will direct your steps and provide His support and peace for the journey.

Father, Please protect me from my own plans. I want to be on a path that makes me closer to You and allows me to have a greater impact for Your kingdom. Help me see less of my heart’s desire and more of Your heart’s desire. I beg for Your wisdom, strength and peace to stay on Your path. I love You. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment