Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Daily Dose 6-4-14

2 Samuel 21:37 You provide a broad path for my feet, so that my ankles do not give way.

Sometimes life can be like hiking along a narrow, rocky path. No matter where you step there are stones that can trip you up along the way. God longs for us to walk confidently with Him. This word picture from King David shows God making our path wide enough to be able to maneuver around the obstacles and not stumble. The Word of God, combined with faith in and obedience to Him, broadens our path. There will still be rocks along the way, but the Hand of God can lift us up to keep us from twisting our ankles and skinning our knees. It’s when we face the path alone that we will not clearly see His way. Don’t take this path of life without His Word as your map and the hand of His Holy Spirit as your guide!

Father, Thank You for never making me walk alone. Through the steep inclines and stony paths, You have always been there with me. Help me stay in Your Word and never let go of Your hand, so I may walk the path of this life with my head up and eyes focused on You! I love You. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment