Thursday, June 12, 2014

Daily Dose 6-12-14

Psalm 130:3-4 If you, LORD, kept a record of sins Lord, who could stand? But with you there is forgiveness, so that we can, with reverence, serve you.

There is a difference in God forgetting our sins and not holding a record of them. God is omnipotent, knowing all means He is fully aware of our sins, past and present. He simply chooses not to hold them against us. The sacrifice of His son covers it all! God’s grace is rich toward His children. In His justice, we may still endure consequences from our sin, but we never face those consequences alone. Our actions from the realization of this generous forgiveness should lead us to unbridled worship of God and diligent service to further His kingdom. How are you responding to the lavish grace of God?

Forgiving Father, There is no way I could ever come out from under the weight of my sin without the sacrifice of Jesus and the generosity of Your grace. May I never take it for granted. Prick my heart to serve You with the same loving Spirit by which You forgive my sins. I love You! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment