Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Daily Dose 6-18-14

Acts 12:11-16 Then Peter came to himself and said, “Now I know without a doubt that the Lord has sent his angel and rescued me from Herod’s clutches and from everything the Jewish people were hoping would happen.” When this had dawned on him, he went to the house of Mary the mother of John, also called Mark, where many people had gathered and were praying. Peter knocked at the outer entrance, and a servant named Rhoda came to answer the door. When she recognized Peter’s voice, she was so overjoyed she ran back without opening it and exclaimed, “Peter is at the door!” “You’re out of your mind,” they told her. When she kept insisting that it was so, they said, “It must be his angel.” But Peter kept on knocking, and when they opened the door and saw him, they were astonished. Peter motioned with his hand for them to be quiet and described how the Lord had brought him out of prison. “Tell James and the other brothers and sisters about this,” he said, and then he left for another place.

Peter’s friends had all gathered praying intensely for his rescue. God heard those prayers and sent an angel to release Peter from prison. However, when Peter knocked, they hesitated to open the door, not believing their prayers were answered. God always answers our prayers! It may not be how we think it will look, or even the answer we desired. What answers to prayers are knocking at your door that you refuse to believe?

Loving Father, Thank You for always listening attentively to my prayers. I confess that sometimes I do wonder if you hear or if you are answering. Open my eyes to see what You are doing. Open my heart to accept your answers – even if they are not what I want them to be. Help me to know that You always have my best interest in mind. I love You! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment