Friday, August 30, 2013

Daily Dose 8-30-13


2 Corinthians 4:7-9 But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.
The battles of life are tough. During challenging times, it is easy to feel as though God has deserted us. We wonder how a loving God could allow His children to suffer. However, it is often during the tough times God is probably closest to us. It is then that His power and might can show through us, rather than others assuming we handle things in our own strength. If you are burdened, take heart. God is hovering closely! He may be allowing this time in your life to grow you into something better, or to show His glory through you!
Father, There is so much I don’t understand in this life. Yet, no matter how perplexed I can be during tough times, nothing compares to my lack of fully understanding Your love for me. How could You allow Jesus, perfect as God and man, to suffer such a cruel death for me? No struggle I face will ever be that great. Prick my heart to keep my faith strong in trials. Use me however You choose. I love You! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment