Monday, August 12, 2013

Daily Dose 8-12-13


Nehemiah 4:15-20 When our enemies heard that we were aware of their plot and that God had frustrated it, we all returned to the wall, each to our own work. From that day on, half of my men did the work, while the other half were equipped with spears, shields, bows and armor. The officers posted themselves behind all the people of Judah who were building the wall. Those who carried materials did their work with one hand and held a weapon in the other, and each of the builders wore his sword at his side as he worked. But the man who sounded the trumpet stayed with me. Then I said to the nobles, the officials and the rest of the people, “The work is extensive and spread out, and we are widely separated from each other along the wall. Wherever you hear the sound of the trumpet, join us there. Our God will fight for us!”
God’s people were passionate about rebuilding the wall of Jerusalem. Their enemies were just as passionate about stopping them. They worked with all their hearts to rebuild, but were also prepared to fight. Do you ever feel paralyzed from progress because you feel threatened? Know that God understands your fears. However, He wants you to move forward in a positive attitude while being prepared for the worst. Join with others to fight with you and for you in prayer. But know you are not fighting the enemies in life alone. Build your section of God’s wall!
Father, Sometimes when I look at the section of the wall You have called me to rebuild, I am overwhelmed. Help me remember You are with me and will fight for me. I love You! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment