Friday, January 25, 2013

Daily Dose 1-25-13


Genesis 50:19-21 But Joseph said to them, “Don’t be afraid. Am I in the place of God? You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives. So then, don’t be afraid. I will provide for you and your children.” And he reassured them and spoke kindly to them.
TRUE forgiveness is a tough thing. We look at the forgiveness Jesus offered and are amazed and as Christian seek to emulate that behavior. However, when our level of pure, complete forgiveness doesn’t measure up, it’s easy to say, “I’m not Jesus.” God gives us pictures of other people in the Bible to serve as examples as well. Joseph’s brothers sold him into slavery. They tortured their father with grief making him believe Joseph was dead. Once Jacob was dead, the brothers feared Joseph would do what common sense would tell him to do and have the brothers imprisoned or killed. But Joseph knew that was not God’s plan. He forgave. He provided for all their needs – and the last is a kicker – he spoke kindly to them. THAT is complete, true forgiveness. If we can deal with kindness those who have wronged us, we can experience more of God’s blessings.
Father, It’s easy to say I forgive. Let my actions speak louder than my words. May I deal with kindness to those who common sense tells me do not deserve my kindness. I certainly do not deserve the kindness You and Your son have afforded me. Thank You! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment