Friday, January 11, 2013

Daily Dose 1-11-13


Matthew 8:23-26 Then he got into the boat and his disciples followed him. Suddenly a furious storm came up on the lake, so that the waves swept over the boat. But Jesus was sleeping. The disciples went and woke him, saying, “Lord, save us! We’re going to drown!” He replied, “You of little faith, why are you so afraid?” Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm.

Do you feel like Jesus is asleep in your boat on a stormy sea? The apostles had Jesus in the flesh with them, yet they were still terrified in their storm. It’s understandable that we would have anxiety and fear when we are trying to navigate storms in our sea of life. This incident was probably for our benefit more than the apostles. The fact that He rebuked them for their panic when it seemed justified sends a powerful message. No matter how justified your anxiety may seem, faith and panic cannot be in the same boat. Ride out your storm knowing He’s got it all under control – even if it feels like He’s snoozing in the back of your boat!

Father, I see the waves, hear the wind and the dark clouds are consuming, but I know You are in my boat. Give me strength. Increase my faith. Help me ride out this storm in confidence and faith knowing You have it all under control. I love You! Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment