Sunday, January 20, 2013

Daily Dose 1-20-13


Genesis 41:38-40 Then Pharaoh said to his officials, "Isn't this the man we need? Are we going to find anyone else who has God's spirit in him like this?" So Pharaoh said to Joseph, "You're the man for us. God has given you the inside story—no one is as qualified as you in experience and wisdom. From now on, you're in charge of my affairs; all my people will report to you. Only as king will I be over you."
Sold into slavery by his brothers, Joseph emerged as the second most powerful man in Egypt. How? He remained faithful to God through his trials. He used the gifts he had been given by God to benefit those who had authority over him. He waited for God’s timing, but stepped boldly when the timing was right. We see the outward results of Joseph’s life, but scriptures don’t share his thoughts, fears and disappointment during those tough days. Why? Maybe God wants us to look at Joseph so we see how to keep our focus by doing the right things in the present, knowing God will secure our future. Every situation Joseph was in, those in authority over him trusted him, saw his work was good and entrusted him with more. Because of him, they were blessed. They realized Joseph was different and credited God. Do those in authority over you see God in you? Even if they don’t believe in God, do they respect the way your life is lived because of your faith lived out in your actions? Think of Joseph as you do your work – even if your work is looking for work right now. Conduct yourself in such a way that brings glory to God. Consider how your trials would be recorded. The less we complain, fret and fear creates more time and energy to press on with what’s before us while we wait for what God will bring to us!
Father, I thank You for knowing and loving me. I know You have my best interests in mind. I know You have my future secured, though what I see looks shaky at times. I trust You. Prick my heart against complaint and keep me focused to live my life for Your glory in the moments of each day. I love You! Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment