Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Daily Dose 5-30-12


Psalm 119:114-116 You are my refuge and my shield; I have put myhope in your word. Away from me, you evildoers, that I may keep the commands of my God! Sustain me, my God, according to your promise, and I will live; do not let my hopes be dashed.
Do you have hope for things in your own word, or are your hopes formed from God’s Word? What does it mean to have hope in God’s Word and then pray that those hopes aren’t dashed? Maybe it’s the fact that satan often uses our earthly hopes to distract us from our eternal hopes. Therefore, we need God as our refuge and shield to protect us from his attacks. When we hope in God’s Word, our focus is on Him and His will. We look at our plans and dreams in view of His Kingdom perspective. We have hope that in all we do, we will emulate Christ and His love to a lost world. We long for ways to be more effective in His work. Those hopes are dashed when sin and disobedience creep in through the whispers of satan to distract our focus. Thank God that through the saving blood of His son, we have the promise our hopes in the Word will be restored through His grace. What are you hoping for today?
Father, I’m tired of my own hopes. I want to focus my hopes through Your Word. Protect me from satan’s attempts to focus my hopes on my own word and plans. I love You. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment