Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Daily Dose 5-15-12


1 Samuel 17:44-47 David said to the Philistine, “You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the LORD Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. This day the LORD will deliver you into my hands, and I’ll strike you down and cut off your head. This very day I will give the carcasses of the Philistine army to the birds and the wild animals, and the whole world will know that there is a God in Israel. All those gathered here will know that it is not by sword or spear that the LORD saves; for the battle is the LORD’s, and he will give all of you into our hands.”
Goliath ridiculed the Israelites, but more importantly God, when he referred to them as Saul’s servants. All God needed to rescue His people was one person willing to take a stand in HIS name. The innocence of David’s youth and his passionate heart for God left him appalled at the fear of the Israelites. He willingly stepped forth and refused the cumbersome weight of Saul’s armor, but chose only the protection and power of God as His weapon and defense. We know the rest of David’s story…what is your story? Are you trying to fight the battles of this life alone? Do you look to others for your weapons and defense? Give God the credit for what He can do and is waiting to do in your life – then trust Him to do it! Stay in the Word and in prayer for the Holy Spirit to reveal your next steps. Trust in God turned a sling and a stone into weapons to take down a giant. What giants are taunting you? Trust and obey!
Father, I have great faith in Your ability to do all things in all circumstances. My struggle often comes in my insecurity as to whether or not You choose to do great things for me? I recount Your past provisions and praise You, yet satan still whispers to me, “unworthy.” Please drown the sound of his whispers from my ears and let me hear Your voice say, “Chosen and made worthy by the blood of my Son.” I love You! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment