Monday, May 14, 2012

Daily Dose 5-14-12


 Samuel 15:20-23 “But I did obey the LORD,” Saul said. “I went on the mission the LORD assigned me. I completely destroyed the Amalekites and brought back Agag their king. The soldiers took sheep and cattle from the plunder, the best of what was devoted to God, in order to sacrifice them to the LORD your God at Gilgal.” But Samuel replied: “Does the LORD delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as much as in obeying the LORD? 
To obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed is better than the fat of rams. For rebellion is like the sin of divination, and arrogance like the evil of idolatry. 
Because you have rejected the word of the LORD, he has rejected you as king.”
Saul had convinced himself he was obedient, when clearly, God’s orders were not followed. We can so easily justify our actions and claim obedience, but so often, we don’t check our hearts. God does not want our obedience for Hs own power kick to boss us around. He longs for our full obedience because He longs for our full love. If there is an area of your life where you struggle to obey, look closer. It may not be a discipline or obedience problem, it may be a love problem.
Father, I DO want to love You fully! Empower Your Holy Spirit in me to prick my heart to full obedience. Protect me from satan’s schemes of self-justification. God, I am so thankful for the blood of Jesus that has the power to cover my failures. Help me to put to death anything that stands in the way of my full love for You in the same way Jesus put to death the sins of all on the cross. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment