Sunday, May 13, 2012

Daily Dose 5-13-12


Psalm 109:30-31 With my mouth I will greatly extol the LORD; in the great throng of worshipers I will praise him. 
For he stands at the right hand of the needy, to save their lives from those who would condemn them.
This entire Psalm consists of David’s pleading with God to overtake his enemy. He is being tormented and oppressed, yet he knows where to take his struggle – straight to God’s throne. Even though David has great ideas for how his enemy should be punished, he ultimately turns it over to God. He knows in faith that God stands beside him. Are you struggling with a bully? The childhood bullies don’t always stop their torment when they become adults! No matter what age you and your oppressor may be, turn you hurt over to God. Praise Him for who He is and for loving you. Acknowledge the power He has to help you overcome. David’s enemies were literal warriors. So often, we deal with those who battle our confidence and allow room for satan’s lies of doubt and lack of worth to creep in. Don’t allow it! Praise Him and stand strong knowing He will overcome for you!
Father, I praise You for Your love for the oppressed. I praise you that You have the power to soften the hearts of the oppressors. I put my struggles in Your hands, knowing I am Yours. Guide my heart and my reactions to be pleasing to You. I love You! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment