Monday, April 16, 2018

Daily Dose 4-16-18

Psalm 86:11-12 Teach me your way, LORD, that I may rely on your faithfulness; 
give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name. 
I will praise you, Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever.

David understood one thing clearly – God’s blessings are tied to our heart for Him. HE is always faithful. But, in His faithfulness, He will not reward rebellion or a divided heart. Most Christians quickly acknowledge that God’s ways are better than our ways. Yet, when the time comes to choose a path, we often opt for our own path. Our hearts were made to worship God, yet we have allowed our hearts to be divided among the idols of our day. We scoff at the Israelites for worshiping a golden calf, but our hearts do the same thing. We worship sports teams, possessions, busyness, work – even family and friends can divide our hearts’ focus on Him. Do a heart check today. Do you see rebellion to or division from God? If so, align and mend your heart in repentant praise, and look for His faithfulness!

Father, Forgive me for thinking I know best at times. Put me on Your path! Forgive my divided heart and heal it with Your love. I am in awe of You! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment