Thursday, April 12, 2018

Daily Dose 4-12-17

Psalm 81:11-12 But my people would not listen to me; Israel would not submit to me. So I gave them over to their stubborn hearts to follow their own devices.

Is God tired of you not listening? Is it possible He has given you over to follow your own plan? It sounds harsh, but sometimes it’s the only way He can get our attention. But, there is good news! Because of the sacrifice of Jesus, He is eager to accept our repentance and bring us back to Him! God is a gentleman. He doesn’t force or coerce us to follow Him in obedience, or love Him with all our hearts. The choice is ours. Following our own path and plan may feel right for a while but, at some point, it all unravels. God’s plan and His way will always be best. You have His map in scripture. You have His compass from the Holy Spirit. You have His encouragement through prayer – should you decide to accept it. The choice is yours!

Father, I know better now. I have lived firsthand the consequences of going my way. I don’t ever want to choose that path again. Keep me close to You and in Your Word. Prick my heart quickly to stay on Your path. Thank You for Jesus whose sacrifice always me to come back in line with You! I love You! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment