Friday, January 5, 2018

Daily Dose 1-5-18

Matthew 4:18-20 As Jesus was walking beside the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers, Simon called Peter and his brother Andrew. They were casting a net into the lake, for they were fishermen. “Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will send you out to fish for people.” At once they left their nets and followed him.

Jesus asked, they responded AT ONCE. Those two words are powerful. At once means they didn’t go around to friends and family seeking input and counsel. They didn’t explain to Him why the sacrifice could not be made at this time. They didn’t procrastinate. They dropped nets and followed. While seeking counsel is not a bad thing (many times that’s how we receive confirmation), there are times that we KNOW what Jesus is asking or requires of us. It is then we should respond – AT ONCE.

Jesus, Please forgive me when I procrastinate and doubt. Work on my heart so that my relationship with You is so close that I KNOW without reservation what You are asking. Give me a strong desire and courage to respond AT ONCE every day as I drop my nets for You. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment