Monday, January 15, 2018

Daily Dose 1-15-18

Genesis 32:11-12 “…Save me, I pray, from the hand of my brother Esau, for I am afraid he will come and attack me, and also the mothers with their children. But you have said, ‘I will surely make you prosper and will make your descendants like the sand of the sea, which cannot be counted.’”

Jacob was terrified to go back home even though He knew God told him to do so. In his flesh, he remembered Esau’s wrath and threat to kill him. Yet, his spirit recalled God’s promise. Fears from the flesh must not be allowed to trump promises from God to our Spirit in the battle for our thoughts – the two cannot coexist. What physical fears do you face today? Search scriptures and recall the promises of God. Spend time with Him in meditative prayer. Listen! No good father wants His children to live in fear. How then could we as children of the Most High God live in fear? Stake your claim to His promises and step boldly in faith knowing that God goes before you to clear your path and stands behind you to protect your back. If He is for you, what can stand against you?

Father, Forgive me for allowing worries of life to overtake my trust in You at times. Help me discern what steps of obedience You want me to take to abide in Your promises. When I feel weak, afraid and insecure, make me strong, courageous and confident because I know I am Yours! I love You! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment