Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Daily Dose 1-31-18

Matthew 21:22 If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.

Faith can be tricky at times. If we take these words of Jesus to heart, then why should we have any disappointment in life? Everything should always be just as we want, if we just believe, right? If you look at only this excerpt from the life of Jesus, then yes. However, if you read further, you see Jesus begged God for another solution than the cross. He did not want to endure the suffering. There was no question as to whether or not Jesus had enough faith, so why didn’t God say yes? Jesus shows us the power of a believing heart in this scripture, but lives the example of a submitted heart when facing the cross. God can move the mountains we face into the sea if we ask, but sometimes there is a bigger picture. In some cases, climbing the mountain may increase our faith, and the faith of others, through the process. A submitted, obedient heart believes the mountain can move but is willing to climb it just the same – either way God brings the overcoming victory!

Father, I see mountains in front of me. I know You can level them with a blink of Your eye. I DO believe. Yet, I have also learned that when You help me climb mountains, I am stronger because of it. Give me Your piece to know which path to choose. I trust You! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment