Saturday, January 27, 2018

Daily Dose 1-27-18

Matthew 18:4b-5 He called a little child to him, and placed the child among them. And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me.

When you look at the life of a child, you can see the type of trusting faith Christ desires for us. Children rely upon adults for their protection and provision. When they are hurt, they run to their parents for comfort. They laugh and jump into the arms of loving adults. When they are afraid, they come to their parents for assurance. Little children believe what they are told without over-analyzing every word. Does that describe your faith? Do you seek God in your hurt and fears? Do you run to Him in loving praise? Do you believe His promises?

Loving Father, I am Your child. You look upon me with love and Your desire is for me to be close to You and love You. Too often, I feel the need to “grow up” and do it on my own, in areas where You say, “I’ve got this one for you.” Help me to trust more and worry less – praise more and fret less. You are MY Father. I am Your child. I believe You! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment