Monday, September 7, 2015

Daily Dose 9-7-15



Psalm 51:17 My sacrifice, O God, is a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart you, God, will not despise.

If we truly want to be like David, the man after God’s own heart, we need to be truly repentant of our sins. It seems so many of us do the pat, “Forgive me for all my sins,” section in our prayers. We treat so casually the transgressions that brought calamity to the Son of God. When we pray for forgiveness, we must realize the cost of that opportunity. Christ endured the horror of the cross and separation from God so that we could have salvation through Him and an intimate relationship with His Father. The next time you ask for forgiveness, take your mind to ridicule He tolerated, the beatings He endured, and the cross He was willing to bear. Remember! If you were the only one separated from God by sin, He still would have gone to the cross. Big sins, little sins – it doesn’t matter – sin is sin, and sin put Him on the cross. Acknowledge your sin. Let it break your heart enough to turn away from it. Watch in Your mind as His blood covers it and washes you pure and clean before our Father. Remember!

Father, I do not deserve to approach You. My sins, little and big, sent Your Son to the cross. There may not have been broken bones in His body that day, but His heart was broken over MY sin. I come to You with a broken heart over sins I have committed against You and that sacrifice. I remember what He did for me and I am overwhelmed. Thank You, Jesus! I love You!  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment