Sunday, September 6, 2015

Daily Dose 9-6-15

2 Corinthians 8: 21 For we are taking pains to do what is right, not only in the eyes of the Lord but also in the eyes of man.

Sometimes, doing the right thing is painful. It may not seem fair. It may sting your pride, or break your heart. We know we need to do what is right to please God, but what about other people? There are times when we can stand on principle and say, “God doesn’t require this of me,” and that could be true. However, there could be things in life that you do for people, not because you are commanded to, but because you are loved to. Is there something in your life that God has left open for you? He’s not requiring you to take the other step. It’s not a “do or die” issue, just something that you could do because it could have an impact on how someone else sees you. If you didn’t do it, would they even notice? Take a chance today! Step out of the comfort zone a bit. Do something, not because law requires it, just because it’s the right thing to do!

Father, Show me steps You put in front of me to take. Help me to see options You may not require, but things I could do to bring an extra blessing for others, even if it’s hard for me. I love You! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment