Friday, April 3, 2015

Daily Dose 4-3-15

What's your choice this Good Friday?

John 18:39-40 But it is your custom for me to release to you one prisoner at the time of the Passover. Do you want me to release ‘the king of the Jews’?” They shouted back, “No, not him! Give us Barabbas!” 

Was there a glimmer of hope on that day so many years ago? Jesus had prayed so fervently to avoid the cross the night before, yet accepted the will of His father. But at this instant–when Pilot offered the people a choice–did the vision of possibility run through His head? As He looked among the crowd, did He see those He had healed and ministered to with hope? Was He like a child for a moment waiting for the kickball team captain to choose Him? He was omnipotent. He knew in His heart the choice that would be made but He also knew the God He served, His Father, was able to make another way. For a split-second did He think this could be the way? The people He loved so dearly would choose Him over a common criminal? God could make that work! It didn't take long for the answer. The people shouted, "No!" We often desperately long for acceptance, friendship and love from people–often times, we are rejected. Our rejection may lead to sadness, disappointment or frustration. The rejection Jesus experienced that day led Him to cruel torture, a horrific death and most sadly, separation from His Father. Have you accepted that sacrifice? He still looks among the lost today saying, "Choose Me!" Will you do as the crowd did that day? 

Precious Jesus, I chose You so long ago and that choice has made such an impact in my life. However, You don't ask for a one-time acceptance. Your sacrifice is worthy of my daily choice. I choose You over the sins that seek to condemn me knowing Your sacrifice that day paid the price for my escape. Thank You seems inadequate. Let my thanks be choosing You and Your ways all day, every day. I love You!

No comments:

Post a Comment