Friday, April 10, 2015

Daily Dose 4-10-15

Joshua 1:9 “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”

Joshua had BIG shoes to fill. He had seen firsthand the miracles God performed through Moses. He had witnessed the wisdom and counsel Moses provided the people. He also knew the frustrations brought upon Moses by their rebellion. That frustration led to Moses never being able to enter the Promised Land himself. Pressure? It was great. But, repeatedly God reminded Joshua to be strong and courageous, remembering He would be there for him. What Jordan are you preparing to cross? Are you in transition? Are you facing a challenge that seems unsurmountable? The LORD does not intend for fear to be in your vocabulary. Just as He commanded Joshua, He commands you today. “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”

Guiding LORD, When I look back on my life, I see Your hand orchestrating events in Your timing. Help me remember those times and know that You have never left me, nor will You. Whenever I doubt or fear, prick my heart to remind me You are near. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment