Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Daily Dose 4-1-15

Luke 9:46-48 An argument started among the disciples as to which of them would be the greatest. Jesus, knowing their thoughts, took a little child and had him stand beside him. Then he said to them, “Whoever welcomes this little child in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me. For it is the one who is least among you all who is the greatest.”

It’s reassuring to know those who walked in the flesh with Jesus everyday still didn’t get it. It makes it easier to understand our own shortcomings in our faith walk. If the apostles, in the presence of Jesus himself still had relationship issues and allowing pride to cause conflict, then it’s no wonder we are such a mess at times! The answer Jesus gave them then, is the same one He has for us today – serve one another. If you are in conflict with a brother or sister in Christ, serve them and serve others with them. Serving hearts heal a multitude of conflicts.

Father, Forgive me for allowing pride to come in the way of relationships. Help me to see where I can serve that will heal broken relationships. Open my eyes and open their hearts. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment