Friday, September 5, 2014

Daily Dose 9-5-14

Ecclesiastes 12:13-14 Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the duty of all mankind. For God will bring every deed into judgment, including every hidden thing, whether it is good or evil.

With all the wisdom King Solomon had at his disposal, he sought out to find all the answers to life. After exploring every possible option to find happiness and contentment in life, he saw that only two things could bring us to a good life here and eternal rewards afterward – fearing God and obeying Him. We talk about the loving side of God, which is beyond measure. However, to acknowledge the just side of God, leads us to obedience. Eventually, obedience that comes from fear of judgment, leads to obedience that comes from the love of salvation. God never set laws to make us miserable or restrict our joy. The laws God set are intended to protect us from hazards and struggles in this life. Know that God is love, but also remember He is just. Fear Him and find obedience. Obey Him and find life. Live with Him and find love!

Father, Soften my heart to complete obedience. Show me Your path. I know in obedience to You is where I find the life You intend for me to lead. Show me Your way. I love You! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment