Thursday, September 4, 2014

Daily Dose 9-4-14

Ecclesiastes 7:13-14 Consider what God has done: Who can straighten what he has made crooked? When times are good, be happy; but when times are bad, consider this: 
God has made the one as well as the other. 
Therefore, no one can discover anything about their future.

By nature, we are people who want to have everything figured out. We want God to deliver the plan for our lives in a beautifully wrapped package with a bow. We want all the answers to who, what, when, where, and most importantly – why. Solomon’s advice in this scripture tells us to stop and live each day for the day it is. The Message translation interprets verse 14 as: “On a good day, enjoy yourself; on a bad day, examine your conscience. God arranges for both kinds of days so that we won't take anything for granted.” Enjoy your blessings. Endure your trials in faith. But, most importantly, seize each opportunity to love more, laugh often, learn lessons, and cherish the moments you have. Life is too short to live in turmoil and too precious to take for granted.

Father, You know me. You know I like to have the plan. I want the answers. There is so much I miss in life waiting to have it all figured out. Restore my joy. Strengthen my faith to know You are in control and, despite all my sin and shortcomings, You adore me and will not let me fall. I love You! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment