Monday, September 30, 2013

Daily Dose 9-30-13


Philippians 2:1-4 Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.
The formula for living according to Christ is very different than the world. The world encourages us to be #1, watch out for our own interests, look at others for how they can help you achieve. The perspective we should have modeling the mind of Christ is quite the opposite. Being #1 is nothing when we think of the ONE and only God we worship; He is #1. Living in a, me, me, me, state of mind leads to a multitude of sins and struggles. When we move beyond ourselves to meet the needs of others, we find peace and contentment in our spirit. The world encourages networking to see who we can connect with to further our own pursuits. Christ’s view of networking is to connect with others to see how we can help them succeed in this life, but more importantly, find the greatest success of all – salvation, love and peace through a relationship with Jesus. In our society, deep inner peace seems so elusive. Maybe it’s because true humility is so scarce.
Father, Show me how to humble myself today to have the mind of Christ. Keep me aware in situations and help me pause before I react. May I choose humility over me in all things today. More of Christ – less of me. I love You! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment