Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Daily Dose 9-25-13


Ephesians 4:2-3 Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.
Paul loved the church at Ephesus and wanted them to experience the full measure of leading Spirit-filled lives. The Holy Spirit is most active and powerful in our lives when we are abiding in loving, peaceful and unified relationships with other believers. Maintaining unity is not always easy. It seems reasonable to think that Spirit-filled believers, seeking the will of God and following the example of Christ could all get along with very little effort. However, satan often trips us in his snares. His easiest weapon is pride – it impedes humility, gentleness and leaves us impatient. He challenges with judgment to encourage us to look at others to choose whether or not they are worthy of our love. This leads to exclusivity and bitterness among those who aren’t able to make the cut. Peace is a bond the Spirit offers to believers. We just have to stand strong to prevent satan from watering down the bonding agents of humility, gentleness, patience and love.
Father, I want unity and peace among believers. Help me see what satan throws in my way to prevent it. Give me the strength to forgive and love with purity those who reject or judge me. Take my bitterness and turn it into the sweet taste of Your love. I love You and thank You for always loving me. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment