Sunday, September 29, 2013

Daily Dose 9-29-13


Philippians 1:19-21 Yes, and I will continue to rejoice, for I know that through your prayers and God’s provision of the Spirit of Jesus Christ what has happened to me will turn out for my deliverance. I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.
Not many of us are imprisoned in chains because of our faith in Christ. Paul had every reason to throw a big pity party and say, “Life is too tough, LORD take me HOME!” Yet, he rejoiced and encouraged others. What hardship are you enduring that seems impossible to bear? Life is tough and there are days we want to give up. Through Paul’s example we see that encouraging others instead of focusing on our own hardship brings the joy of Christ into our hardships, making them more productive for the Kingdom. Allow your pain, hurt, rejection, or struggle to spark you to show others what joy and contentment through Christ looks like. Be a blessing to others despite your burdens and your load will seem lighter to bear!
Father, I long for the return of Your Son, or my turn to be with Him. However, Your plans are greater. Let me see where and how You intend for me to respond in my hardships. Give me Paul’s perspective! I love You and start over with You, today! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment