Saturday, January 7, 2012

Daily Dose 1-7-12


Genesis 16:10-14 Then one of them said, “I will surely return to you about this time next year, and Sarah your wife will have a son.” Now Sarah was listening at the entrance to the tent, which was behind him. Abraham and Sarah were already very old, and Sarah was past the age of childbearing. So Sarah laughed to herself as she thought, “After I am worn out and my lord is old, will I now have this pleasure?” Then the LORD said to Abraham, “Why did Sarah laugh and say, ‘Will I really have a child, now that I am old?’ Is anything too hard for the LORD? I will return to you at the appointed time next year, and Sarah will have a son.”
Sometimes God’s blessing are too great to imagine. Sarah laughed at the thought of God blessing her with a son at the age of 90. The servants of the LORD who shared the prophecy brought a good point to Sarah that is recorded for our benefit today. “Is anything too hard for the LORD?” Sarah had already tried to manipulate circumstances to make God’s promise to Abraham “work out” when she offered Hagar to bear a son for Abraham. Abraham was also willing to participate in that scheme which brought pain to Hagar and generations to come. Waiting for God’s timing is not easy, but pushing through to fulfill what we think His timing should be is dangerous. Wait on the LORD, laugh if you need it to get you through – trust and believe!
Father, You know waiting is not my strong suit! I have learned the hard way that when I take matters into my own hands instead of waiting to receive from You, the outcomes are not blessed by You. Help me to have joy and peace while I wait on Your perfect timing and great blessings! I love You! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment