Monday, January 2, 2012

Daily Dose 1-2-12

Genesis 3:12-13 The man said, “The woman you put here with me—she gave me some fruit from the tree, and I ate it.” Then the LORD God said to the woman, “What is this you have done? The woman said, “The serpent deceived me, and I ate.”

From the beginning of time we have played the blame game. Adam blamed Eve; Eve blamed the serpent. Who do you blame? When you are called out for sin or even simple mistakes, is you immediate response, “Yes, but...” to blame circumstances, someone else or justify your actions? God knows we will sin. He knows we will make mistakes. His desire for us is to accept responsibility, repent and learn from each wrong how to make it right. Our society likes to justify actions and give people the victim mentality to excuse their behavior. We talk about generational cycles of poverty, abuse, discord and poor decision-making. At some point, someone must take a stand and say, “Enough! No matter why I am ‘justified’ to behave this way, it does not honor God and it stops with me.” Become the patriarch or matriarch who generations to come can point to and say, “Because of (Your name) our family began a closer walk with God that changed the course of our lives.” Stop the blame game and begin accountability actions. Take responsibility for your own actions and line them up according to God’s desires for You. You never know how far your influence will go. It begins with you. It begins today…what steps will you take to lead you and yours to God’s intended path?

Father, I know I fall short of Your expectations in so many areas. I am quick to justify my actions. Help me begin today with Your perspective. Keep me close on Your path and teach me to push through to Your will no matter what excuses could be given. I want to be a difference-maker for You. I know that starts by changing my life game today. I love You! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment